The Channels book club announced Possessed as one of the top 13 books of 2014 in its non-fiction titles.
Written by Supo Shasore, a Senior Advocate of Nigeria, this book reveals the history of Law and Justice in the Crown Colony of Lagos (1861-1906). Possessed is a very important book on the history of Lagos. It helps the reader to understand the Lagos that existed as a viable kingdom before amalgamation, and helps one to see the evolution that led to the Lagos of today.
Other books listed among among The Channels top 13 books of 2014 are:
1. HOW TO READ – MARTIN UDOGIE
2. HOW INTELLIGENCE KILLS – Okechukwu Ofili
3. THE HOUSE MY FATHER BUILT – ADEWALE MAJA PEARCE
4. ARE WE THE TURNING POINT GENERATION? – CHIDE JIDEONWO
5. POSSESSED – SUPO SHASORE
6. MY WATCH – OLUSEGUN OBASANJO
7. WHEN CITIZENS REVOLT – IKE OKONTA
8. HIP HOP IS ONLY FOR CHILDREN – ONYEKA NWELUE
9. ‘YORUBA LOVE STORIES’ & ‘THE RARE LEAF AND OTHER YORUBA TALES’ – Olola Olabode Ogunlana
10. TOXIC EUCHARIST – UZOR NGOLADI
11. FOREIGN GODS – Okey Ndibe
12. IREDI WAR – SAM UKALA
Possessed is still available at the following book stores: Terrakulture, Quintessence, Patabah, The Hub and Jazz Hole. It is also available at The Book Sellers Ibadan.