LABAF 2015 is here!!!
SAVE THE DATE
November 14, 2015
How can literature shape the future?
Can a book topple a government? Start a revolution? Save lives?
You are cordially invited to an intriguing panel discussion on ‘Protest Writing’—a means of writing that takes a direct radical position on social issues—at the Lagos Book & Art Festival.
Last year we discussed the intrigue, drama, and legal twists & turns that led to the creation of the Crown Colony of Lagos, using the book ‘Possessed‘ authored by Olasupo Shasore, SAN.
This year three seminal satirical books will be featured and reviewed by the panelists:
- “The Beautyful Ones Are Not Yet Born” by Ayi Kwei Armah
- “Arrow of God” by Chinua Achebe
- “Arrows of Rain” by Okey Ndibe
Getting in the ring to discuss ‘Protest Writing’ are:
- Efe Paul Azino, spoken word artist, renowned for his satirical spoken word poem: “This is not a Political Poem”.
- Ayo Sogunro, author of The Wonderful Life of Senator Boniface and other Sorry Tales and human rights activist.
- Uzo Maxim Uzoatu, the author of the poetry collection God of Poetry and the novels Satan’s Story and The Missing Link.
Drinks reception to follow immediately after the panel.
SEE YOU THERE!!!